The People of Abaco
Abaco Strong is proud to partner with Treasure Cay Community to support the many families that were devastated when Hurricane Dorian struck in September 2019. Our team consists of leaders in the community, residents, and volunteers working together to coordinate relief and recovery efforts. We are committed to continuing this work to enable the rebuilding of sustainable communities in Abaco.
Abaco Strong is working with Abaco Youth Baseball to support our children that have been through so much in the last year and a half. Baseball/Softball will provide a healthy outlet for our children to exercise, socialize, and just be kids again. We need your help to purchase bats, balls, gloves, and protective gear and to provide funds to repair and rebuild the fields.
Looking Back and Looking Forward
We invite you to take a look back at the tribulations and triumphs of an extraordinary and extremely challenging year.
We are looking forward to great things to come in 2021 for Treasure Cay and Northern Abaco!
To enable the rebuilding of sustainable communities in Abaco.
Prosperous, sustainable, and environmentally responsible communities.
- Sustainability – Enabling businesses and families to thrive in the long term with minimum negative impact to the environment
- Balance – Immediate impact and long term improvements
- Empowerment – Empowering individuals to take charge of their own future
- 100% transparency – At all levels of organization
- Apolitical – We do not align with any political parties in the US or The Bahamas.
- Equality – We do not discriminate based on age, color, race, religious affiliation, sexual preference, or gender.
Hurricane Dorian is regarded as the worst natural disaster in the history of The Bahamas
With sustained winds of 185 mph, Dorian was the strongest hurricane on record to strike the Bahamas since records began in 1851. Weather Underground Meteorologist Jeff Masters said that “portions of Dorian’s eyewall lashed Great Abaco and Grand Bahama islands with Category 5 winds for a total of 22 hours before the great hurricane finally weakened to Category 4 strength. In records going back over a century, there are no cases where an Atlantic Category 5 hurricane has impacted a land area for as long as Dorian battered the Bahamas.”
Updates from Treasure Cay
Stay in Touch
Stay in touch with us and we will send you updates on the projects that we are working on and the good things that are happening in Northern Abaco.